Your garage door is made up of a wide range of components that essential to opening and closing the door. Part of the mechanism includes a cable and spring that allows the door to open and close in a controlled manner.
The springs operate under high tension levels. If a spring breaks, the door could slam down and cause injury or damage. The garage door cable, is responsible for catching the door in the event that the spring breaks. Door Power offers complete garage door cable repair or replacement services in Minneapolis, Minnesota. If you need new cables, contact us today.
Below, we cover several types of cables and why you need to hire a professional to replace them.
Three Types of Garage Door Cables
There are a few different types of garage door cables that we can install or replace. The type of cable we install depends on the type of garage door you have.
1. Torsion Springs. These types of cables lock at one end and stop at the other end. Torsion springs must be secured by the cable.
2. Extension Springs. Extension springs run alongside the door on both sides. Because they are so long, they need extended spring cables.
3. Safety Cables. To prevent damage or injury, we are able to install safety cables to all extension springs.
How do Garage Door Cables Malfunction?
When the cables go bad, it may be difficult to troubleshoot the problems. You want to contact a certified Door Power garage door technician to diagnose the problem and repair or replace the cables.
Cable issues usually occur due to the following reasons:
● Incorrect Drum Winding. If the cables wind around the drum incorrectly, they will jam the garage door. We can tell if there is a jam because the door droops to one side.
● Unwound Garage Door Cables. We’ll need to replace them with new cables.
● Worn Out Pulleys. Worn out pulleys cannot be repaired because they’ll go bad over and again. A Door Power technician will need to replace the pulleys.
● Worn Out Cables. When this happens, you won’t be able to use the garage door at all. We will need to remove the old cables and implement new cables. Installing new cables will improve your garage door’s performance.
● Frayed Cables. A cable is actually smaller cables wound together like a rope. As such, they can also become frayed like a rope. Frayed cables can cause a wide range of problems.
Professional Garage Door Repair Service in Minneapolis
If you need your garage door cable replaced, then contact Door Power. We offer a wide range of garage door repair and replacement services for home and business owner in the Twin Cities area.
To schedule service, call us at 952-467-3199, or message us at Bill@doorpower.com.