Getting ready to put your home on the market? Just looking to improve your curb appeal? Either way, upgrading various exterior components can go a long way toward adding value to your property. But here’s the catch: Not every available upgrade yields a considerable return — and if you choose the wrong improvements, you could stand to lose thousands.
At Door Power, we’re committed to helping Twin Cities homeowners improve the overall look, performance, and value of their properties. Below, we’re discussing how new garage door installation accomplishes each of those goals while delivering one of the highest ROIs in the home improvement industry.
Top ROI Exterior Home Improvements for 2020
When it comes to choosing exterior home improvements, there are a select few that consistently produce a considerable return on your initial investment. That list includes:
● New garage door installation. Depending on the type of material, garage door replacement typically yields an 85-97% ROI.
● Entry door replacement. New entry door installation generally yields a 70-80% ROI, depending on the material you select.
● Siding replacement. Installing new siding typically offers a 70-80% ROI, depending on the material you select.
● Window replacement. Depending on the type of window material and whether you select multi-pane glass, installing new windows can yield up to a 75% ROI.
Clearly, new garage door installation offers the highest potential yield of all exterior home improvements. Even better, depending on the type of material you select, purchasing a new garage door generally requires a smaller initial investment than many other exterior home improvement projects.
Selecting the Best Garage Door for Your Needs
If you’re planning to invest in new garage door installation, how do you determine the type of door that best meets your needs? First, and perhaps most importantly, consider curb appeal. A new garage door is a fantastic way to make a strong first impression, either on prospective buyers or even your neighbors across the street. To create a truly appealing exterior aesthetic, consider the following:
● Balance. What type of architectural style does your home feature? What’s your exterior color scheme? Select a garage door that both complements the overall design of your home, as well as the color palette of your siding, trim, soffit, and fascia.
● Contrast. Do you want your garage door to blend in with your home, or do you want to make a statement? Opting for a contrasting color scheme can make your new door stand out as one of the leading exterior design features of your home.
● Insulation. Does your garage share adjacent walls with any frequently used living areas? If so, opting for an energy-efficient, insulated garage door can help reduce your annual heating and cooling costs while limiting operation-related noise levels. Bonus: Insulated garage doors typically command a higher ROI than their non-insulated counterparts.
Ready for New Garage Door Installation? Contact Door Power Today
If you’re ready to experience the benefits of a new garage door while adding value to your home, our team at Door Power is ready to help you do it. Since 1967, we’ve been on a mission to deliver the finest in residential garage door selection, installation, and repair in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area, and each day, we stand by our commitment to that goal.
To learn more about our services and product selection, or to request your free estimate, give our team a call at 952-467-3199. You can also get in touch with us via our contact form, and a member of our team will reach out to you promptly.